Volunteering at the Boys and Girls Clubs of Rochester is a great way to give back to the community and make a real difference in the life of a child or teen. We offer more than a dozen ways to get involved and we have a variety of volunteer opportunities to meet your schedule, time constraints and interests.
At the Boys and Girls Clubs of Rochester, volunteers are simply invaluable to the success of our organization. Volunteers are not only here to lend their services, but their presence in our children's lives is profound. Volunteers can come in for as little as one hour per day. Some volunteers come in once a month or once a year. All it takes ia one positive interaction with a child or teen to make a lasting connection.
The Boys and Girls Clubs of Rochester is extremely careful in selecting its volunteers to work inside our walls. We take our responsibility to serve our children very seriously and, consequently, we can only accept volunteers who meet our high standards and qualifications. All volunteers must undergo a thorough screening process.
Some of the volunteer opportunites at our Club include:
- Program volunteers who work directly with kids in a variety of program areas from sharing billiard techniques in the game room to teaching guitar to tutoring a student.
- Drivers needed to transport kids to off-site programs.
- Special event volunteers provide the people power needed to organize, set up and staff various recognition and fundraising events throughout the year.
- Board members at the governor and director levels set the policies and procedures for the organization and lead its fundraising efforts by providing leadership, planning and financial management.
- Technical support for our computer lab and website.
- Reading Tutors
- Coaches for our sports programs
Click here to volunteer on line
Click here to download a printable volunteer application